Based in Carlton with travel to other sites
We're delighted to offer the opportunity for an experienced Development Technologist to join our site team at Carlton. You will be responsible for the development of new products from ideation through to Launch - to include bench scale, scale up to pilot/factory - and full factory trials/implementation.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To deliver new and existing product development for the related product area.
- Lead test bakery and factory trials with operations, process and site technical teams at relevant sites. Liaise with all site functions to progress projects.
- Progress all aspects of document control and process relating to project.
- Project team member representing development.
- To work with marketing and the consumers to develop ideas and shape projects.
- Monitor current trends and consumer food behaviors.
- To work with the Sensory and Marketing contacts to set bench marks.
- Understand the ingredients relating to specific products and work with suppliers.
- Maintain contact with internal central teams e.g regulatory, nutrition to ensure issues are assessed and acted upon accordingly.
- Manage the link to the technical support function at all sites of manufacture (internal and co-manufacture) to ensure efficient delivery of project.
- Present concepts within Premier and externally to Customers as need arises
- Experienced Development Technologist
- HNC Food Science/Technology, BTEC Food Science
- BSc Food Science/Technology or related degree, Intermediate Food Hygiene (preferred)
- Baking experience preferred
- Passionate about the challenge of product development
- Genuine interest in food and food trends
- Innovative and creative, with the ability to work in both test bakery/pilot plant and full-scale production environments
- You enjoy working alone and within team - and have great communication skills - being able to work across levels with confidence and authority.