Local Media business looking for a progressive Accountant to join their team!
Local media business in Milton Keynes!
Commercial Accountant Responsibilities:
- Perform month-end closing activities
- Plan payment schedules and process vendor invoices and check staff expenses
- Responsible for UK & Ireland VAT return, also dealing with any requests regarding the VAT return.
- Assist the Management to prepare the annual budget, monthly forecast.
- Monitor account payable, ensure all supplier bills are appropriately submitted for payment
- Manage monthly and yearly finance closing and ensure timely and accurate submission of financial information and management reports
- Guide and Monitor with Share Service Centre for the accounting activities to ensure the accurately posting.
- Support company's business development through the provision of information for reporting purposes and KPI performance evaluation.
- Ensure all finance records are kept accurately and securely and in line with legislative requirements
- Ensure financial policies are being adhered to as set out in their financial guidelines.
- Establish and publish effective internal procedures and policies
- Liaise with Auditor; HMRC; Company House etc. to compile with the statutory requirements.
Commercial Accountant Requirements:
- Experienced and comfortable with the above duties.
- Actively studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Team player; ability to take on a broad spectrum of duties within a small/medium sized team.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Positive and adaptable outlook
- The tact and diplomacy to deal with people at all levels of the business and externally
Whats on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Study Support
- Flexible working policy