Team Manager Somewhere Safe To Stay Hub
Team Manager Somewhere Safe To Stay Hub / Service Manager / Homelessness Project Manager / Scheme Manager
Location: Croydon University Hospital
Contract: One year fixed term (with the possibility of extension)
Hours: 37.5 per week, Mon – Fri with occasional evenings and weekends
Closing date: 9am 16.10.19
About Evolve Housing + Support
Evolve is a leading homelessness charity in London, providing housing and support to over 2,000 people each year. Our aim is to help children, young people and adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to become independent and resilient. We believe in building on people’s strengths, aspirations and goals to help them break the cycle of homelessness.
About the Role
Evolve Housing + Support are recruiting for an exciting, new project in Croydon called the Somewhere Safe to Stay hub (SStS). The Hub will act as a short-term assessment and sleep space for those both at risk of immediate rough sleeping and as a response to those verified as rough sleeping in London Borough of Croydon. It will divert those at immediate risk of rough sleeping and provide “Somewhere Safe to “Stay” with intensive move-on support.
As a Team Manager you will spend much of your time based at the Hub, however you will be expected to travel between sites and the local community to attend meetings and represent the organisation. You will lead a team of eight Assessment and Referral Support Workers to deliver this new service which operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. You will be pivotal in the set up of the service and develop excellent links with other agencies and referral partners within the borough.
Leading a team to deliver a fast turnaround and maintain high standards is challenging, exciting and at times frustrating. You will need to be prepared to cope with inevitable conflict and setbacks. Results are usually long term rather than immediate, so patience and perseverance are essential. Working within our asset based approach, your resilience and creativity will be crucial in this role.
Experience and knowledge required
- Experience of leading and managing a service preferably a resettlement or assessment service
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situation in relation to people
- Experience of working in partnership with a variety of external agencies
- An understanding of the reasons why people become homeless and the needs and challenges they face
- An understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity
- An understanding of and commitment to co-production and customer involvement
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to line manage and motivate staff to deliver excellent services
- Ability to build teams, develop staff and manage performance
- Ability to inspire, enthuse and motivate a wide range of stakeholders, including staff and customers
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, demonstrating a good standard of written and spoken English
- Competent in using Microsoft word, excel and inputting to database
Benefits - As part of your employment package with us, we offer:
- a competitive salary, comprehensive training and development programme,
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing each year to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays after 5 years
- option to buy or sell annual leave up to one week’s annual leave
- a health cash plan providing cash back towards healthcare bills and other wellbeing benefits
- occupational sick pay
- contributory group pension scheme
- free life assurance
- cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
Evolve Housing + Support is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community, including people who have experienced homelessness themselves.