Service Desk Analyst
- Full Time
Service Desk Analyst
- Location: Bangor
- Grade & Salary: 4 - £25,076.00 rising to £28,497.00 over four years
- Post number: 201822
- Type of contract: Fixed Term contract
- Work pattern: Mon-Fri 37-hour week
- Welsh language requirements: Essential level 1, able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrases.
Closing date: 16 October 2019
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, tax-free childcare and salary sacrifice schemes.
To provide first line support as a single point of contact for NRW staff experiencing a range of technical problems. The postholder will work as part of a team acting as a gateway to high level (second and third line) technical services, and act as a subject matter expert for certain technologies, providing solutions to the majority of problems and requests at the desk (Service Desk typically own 80% of incoming calls to ICT).
This role directly contributes to the operational continuity of NRW through the provision of efficient and prompt solutions to all NRW staff in accordance with industry best practice standards, and in doing so, delivering an excellent standard of customer service.
Qualifications and Skills
The post holder will:
• Responsible for providing efficient and effective triage and solutions to a range of technical problems (incidents) and requests for services in accordance with industry best practice standards. Act as Subject Matter Expert if second line resolution possible at the desk.
• Own and manage incidents and requests where further information is required from staff as part of triage, conducting chase communications to staff where required, using excellent soft skills whilst working in accordance with NRW ICT processes.
• Take direction from incident managers during incidents and/ or major ICT incidents, working closely with them to collect detail that allows them to maintain robust engagement with stakeholders from across NRW and continue to provide a high level of technical and customer service.
• Take key decisions to identify major and urgent incidents, using a range of specialist skills to assess the criticality of the service(s) affected as well as considering the impact on NRW staff, and act proactively to alert major incident managers.
• Assess when to escalate issues to service desk team leader, where the issue is novel or in need of second line support at the desk.
• Maintain a strong relationship with all ICT stakeholders.
For more information, please visit our website.