Deputy Digital News Editor
We are looking for a Deputy Digital News Editor to join our team at NottinghamshireLive and The Nottingham Post. The successful candidate will be part of a newsroom management team that co-ordinates the delivery and editing of live content to support audience targets. They will also help manage our Digital News Correspondents.
We are Reach Plc because it's what we do
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
Nottingham's Deputy Digital News Editor will be part of a team that…
- Manages our publication of breaking local news.
- Generates accurate and compelling stories that audiences want to read.
- Proofs and uploads all the content written by our Digital News Correspondents.
- Commissions, schedules and edits content packages from all our editorial teams.
- Compiles daily content lists and plays an active role in news and planning conferences.
- Liaises with the Picture Editor and her staff.
- Develops and mentors both Senior and Trainee Digital News Correspondents.
- Manages our social media platforms to generate content, interaction and digital audience.
- Monitors web analytics to ensure a detailed knowledge of audience response and engagement.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have passed the NCTJ National Certificate Examination or will have an equivalent qualification. He or she will also have at least two years' experience working in a digital newsroom. In addition, the successful candidate will probably have experience of managing News Correspondents.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc has a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.