6 days left
- Full Time
Company Background Information:
Established in 2001, Cooper Solutions is a niche provider of cloud-based solutions for the automotive industry, specialising in day rate insurance, stock management, financial management, vehicle appraisals and remarketing. Our tools are used by over 1600 franchised auto dealerships throughout the UK.
The products are developed from many years' experience in the motor industry. We offer technology-based systems designed for use by non-technological people, and offer solutions that work with and enhance existing dealer management systems, such as CDK Kerridge.
Our loyalty rates are high and we have consistently excellent year-on-year growth yet we are determined to maintain close working relationships with all clients. This is an exciting time for Cooper Solutions, the ambition is huge and the track record is strong, giving us the opportunity to take advantage of vast market opportunities.
The people make Cooper Solutions what it is. The owners are passionate about supporting and rewarding the team. It is really important that the service the business offers its customers reflects the values of the owners.
The team are currently circa 30 strong mainly based in the Barford offices, with additional support in other parts of the UK and North America.
The team is led by Peter and Barry Cooper who have combined their Automotive Dealership and Software Development expertise to form a great team with a strong family ethos. Retention of staff is very high—it is important to Peter and Barry that they invest in the team and look after good team players. They regularly take part in team charity events such as skydiving, long distance cycle rides and endurance runs! You could sum this environment up as work hard and have fun!
The Software Developer writes quality, well-documented code across the front end, business logic, and database layers of our applications. They must have very strong written and verbal communication skills in order to express complicated technical issues to their colleagues.
The successful candidate will be part of a cross-functional Scrum team of 5-6 individuals. We require a self-motivated, curious, detail-orientated individual who will seek out information and strive to thoroughly understand user requirements. Although we have a friendly, tight-knit team who happily assist each other, the developer must be comfortable taking ownership of tasks and working independently.
We are looking for a well-rounded individual who can also get involved with analysis/design tasks and lend a hand with testing when necessary during the QA phase of a sprint.
Relevant experience or expertise as a software developer.
- Writes quality, well-documented code with sound syntax in C# and VB.Net
- Knowledge of ASP.NET MVC
- Has a keen eye for usability and develops effective web-based user interfaces
- Understands and creates basic analysis artefacts to effectively communicate understanding of the program, following best practices and standards
- Tests code and analyses results to correct errors found through unit tests and exploratory testing.
- Enthusiastic about learning and introducing new technologies to the team when required.
- Knowledge of CDK Dealer Management System, particularly the extraction side of it.
To be considered for the role you must have expertise with these technologies:
- VB.NET & Webforms
- ASP.Net MVC
- RESTful web services
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Stored Procedures
- Responsive web design
- CSS3, Media queries
Professional, interpersonal and business skills:
- Knowledge working in the automotive sector
- Communicates effectively and accurately
- A logical, thorough approach to work
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Creative approach to problem solving
- A commitment to quality
Desired Skills / Experience:
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Web-based visual reporting / charting design and implementation
Apply for Software Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly