Team Manager – Homelessness HEST85243
Lead a dynamic and passionate team.
They are Hestia, a vibrant charity that has been supporting and empowering vulnerable adults and children since 1970. With their 50th anniversary approaching it is an exciting time to join them!
They are looking for a Team Manager to line manager front-line team, establish and lead on relationships with landlords, build accommodation pipeline, build and maintain relationships across the council. The service is to provide housing advice and support to homeless adults or adults who are at-risk of becoming homeless within 56 days who live in the relevant local authority area. This service is primarily for people who do not have care and support needs and who do not meet the priority need threshold for local authority housing.
They offer a culture of learning and development, with access to an extensive range of learning and development opportunities as well as genuine career progression.
In everything they do, they seek to be: respectful, genuine, dedicated, collaborative and courageous and if these values resonate with you, please apply.
THEY welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
Our client is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Strictly no agencies
• Excellent understanding of the Housing Legislation including the Housing Act 2004
• A good understanding of relevant housing and welfare benefits legislation (including welfare reform) and (Health and Safety)
• A good understanding of prevention options and experience of preventing homelessness.
• An understanding and knowledge of Homelessness Reduction Act.
• Demonstrable experience of managing services that meet the needs of people at risk of homelessness or are homeless
• Experience of managing a team including recruitment, induction, supervision, motivation, appraisal, training, discipline and grievance issues
• Experience of performance monitoring and delivering consistently high standards
• Ability to and experience of managing budgets
• Knowledge of methods of assessing, formulating, implementing, recording, reviewing and monitoring person-centred support and assessment plans
• The ability to use computer systems, including case management systems, to create accurate reports and to assess and audit staff performance
• Ability to write & interpret complex reports
• Excellent level of spoken and written English
• The ability to work autonomously
• Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
In return they offer a competitive salary, a supportive working environment and a host of benefits including pension, employee discounts, 25 days holiday per annum (for full-time positions) plus the option to buy an additional 3 weeks, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
For a detailed job description, benefits overview and terms and conditions, please see their attached job pack. If you are viewing this advert outside of their website, please click apply to view the pack.
Hours: 39 hours per week
Working Pattern: Mondays to Fridays 9-5:18pm
Closing date: 28 October 2019
Interview date: 1 November 2019
Our client supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions. they campaign and advocate nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home, to helping them to get the right mental health support, we support people at the moment of crisis and enable them to build a life beyond crisis. They are supported by more than 460 volunteers who provide specialist skills such as art therapy yoga, IT, gardening, cooking as well as befriending and fundraising.
They are proud to be the home of UK SAYS NO MORE, bringing together a diverse coalition of individuals, charities, businesses and public-sector organisations to campaign for an end to the domestic abuse and sexual violence.
In everything they do, they seek to be: respectful, genuine, dedicated, collaborative and courageous.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Team Manager – Homelessness HEST85243
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly