Head of Mental Health Navigation Services
Head of Mental Health Navigation Services
Home/Field-Based (with nationwide travel, including to Durham and our London offices)
Rethink Mental Illness is a national charity that helps those affected by mental illness. We aim to challenge attitudes and change lives. Currently, we directly support almost 60,000 people every year across England, helping them through crises, to live independently and to realise they are not alone.
An exciting opportunity exists for the right individual to become the new Head of Mental Health Navigation Services at Rethink Mental Illness.
- Salary of £45,992.33 - £51,147.90 per annum
- Pension scheme
- 33 days’ holiday per annum including Bank Holidays
- “Your Rethink Day” – an additional day of leave for your birthday
- Flexible working opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid eye test plus up to £55 towards new glasses or lenses (where appropriate)
If you have a background in delivering complex social care and/or NHS contracts, this is an amazing opportunity to drive the success of mental health services that are making a real difference on a national scale.
At Rethink Mental Illness, we strive every day to positively impact mental health, support those who suffer with mental health issues and change lives.
Our teams are passionate, driven and desperate to bring about the change needed to ensure mental health is no longer taboo, is well managed and is not the embarrassing topic in healthcare.
So, if you are looking to make a positive impact as part of a leading charity’s senior leadership group, we would love to hear from you.
The post holder will lead our Mental Health Navigation services nationally, ensuring they’re consistently delivering high-quality, safe and person-centred care and support in line with contractual requirements, and most importantly, delivering great outcomes for people using our services.
You will provide leadership for the Mental Health Navigation services portfolio as a member of the Operations Directorate Service Delivery Team. This new exciting role requires you to lead, develop and implement a number of exciting projects across the country.
Additionally, you will:
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to develop and grow our service offer
- Oversee the development and implementation of financial plans and budgets, ensuring all services are sustainable, financially viable and delivered within budget
- Help to develop and oversee our quality systems, outcomes framework, policies and procedures within CQC services
- Ensure our services comply with legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
To join us as a Head of Mental Health Navigation Services, you will need:
- Management experience, including delivering complex social care and/or NHS contracts
- Experience in either community or forensic services and an excellent understanding of the healthcare environment
- Previous experience of leading and managing a dispersed team across multiple sites
- A track record of developing and effectively managing budgets
- An understanding of best practice in the delivery of CQC services
- The ability to mobilise, transition and/or implement large-scale new services
- Strong analytical, interpretative, evaluative and organisational skills
Experience and/or knowledge of mental health and wellbeing would be beneficial, as would a background in forensics. Evidence of management development in the form of a recognised management qualification (professional diploma, post graduate study etc.) would also be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Mental Health Services, Head of Social Care Services, Head of Social Care, Senior Mental Health Services Manager, Senior Healthcare Contracts Manager, or Senior Healthcare Services Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 28th October 2019.
Webrecruit and Rethink Mental Illness are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next step as a Head of Mental Health Navigation Services, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week