We are looking for someone to join our regional production hub producing Reach Plc's print titles for the South West. The role, which is based in Bristol, involves the design and subbing of titles across the group but focusing on the weekly products. The emphasis will be on news and commercial pages, working with a team to produce pages quickly and accurately.
It needs someone with news judgement to turn copy written for a digital audience into engaging print stories. It will also involve working with copy from regular contributors, staff and freelance. You will work with the print editors to produce high-quality pages and get the products to print on time.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- Design, sub-edit and proof newspaper pages
- Manage content from contributors, staff journalists and freelancers
- Ensure pages are produced to a high standard and comply with the law and IPSO
- Support as required the wider production of newspapers for Reach plc within the region
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will:
- Be proficient in InDesign as well as being experienced with ContentWatch or have experience in other newspaper publishing systems and the ability to learn quickly.
- Understand media law and be familiar with the IPSO code
- Be able to work in a fast pressured environment whilst maintaining exceptionally high standards in everything you do
- Have a can-do attitude where no task is too big or small, and work closely with various teams team to ensure the end result is reached in line with our deadlines.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at