TITLE: Insurance Underwriter
JOB REF: 10684
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000
HOURS: Monday – Friday, full time
JR Personnel are an employment agency acting on behalf of a client who is looking for a motivated Underwriter to join their established team.
This is a brand new position offering an individual the opportunity of joining a respected, international specialist in their market.
Our client is an insurance specialist, operating internationally.
The Leicester site employs around 100 people.
This is a great opportunity for someone to develop their own portfolio, so with that opportunities to progress internally will become available.
A supportive and team based environment help to creative a positive working culture.
Opportunities to progress within the business are very open and clear, to building upon success to develop internally is always an option.
- Grow and develop relationships with brokers and clients.
- Resolving day to day issues and pricing, negotiation and securing renewals to meet targets.
- Preparing renewal terms, discussing & negotiating terms with brokers to secure renewals to set targets.
- Providing leads to sales team for new business
- Motivated, proactive and able to work independently, a ‘self-starter’
- Ability to set and complete priorities, achieve targets and respond quickly and flexibly to changing needs and tight deadlines
- Excellent time management and able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including senior staff
- Experience within a financial services company.
- Handling a portfolio of customers within.
- Presentation and Negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- IT skills including data input, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outloook
- ABI /ICM Certificate in Credit Insurance
- CII or ICM qualifications
Due to the number of responses generated we are unable to get back to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within seven days you will not have been successful on this occasion.
Apply for Insurance Underwriter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly