Registered Children’s Home Manager HREX89002
At Together Trust we believe everybody deserves an equal chance in life. There are no exceptions. We provide a wide range of support services including fostering, residential, community and family support. We also provide specialist educational support through our schools and colleges.
Pocket Nook is a five bed residential home for young people with autism and complex needs. The home supports young people who are cared for by a team of skilled, experienced and passionate staff. The service is currently graded as ‘Outstanding' in all areas by Ofsted, and has been for the last 9 years.
As our registered manager, you will…
- Work alongside an established team of exceptional registered managers, where your combined skills and knowledge will further enhance the children's residential services at the Trust.
- Develop a style of leadership and organisational culture to ensure open and participatory management and practice, promoting the wellbeing of all individuals and a positive image of residential care.
- Identify opportunities to develop and implement working partnerships with those Agencies wishing to contract for services provided by Together Trust.
- Promote the Trust's Values and Principles, ensuring that all work in the development and delivery of service plans is carried out within the Strategic Statement.
- Establish an enabling culture, and effectively manage a provision which enables the young people to achieve optimum outcomes in a safe and secure environment.
- Implement practices which foster positive working relationships and productive networks with all stakeholders and local communities.
- Select, recruit and retain staff to ensure a safe, nurturing and positive environment.
- Take responsibility for the development and motivation of the staff team, individuals and self to enhance performance to include timely supervision and appraisals.
- Ensure delegated budgets are adhered to within the Trust's financial procedures, including the achievement of income generated targets.
- Devise and monitor systems to ensure that the staff team carry out all duties and responsibilities as prescribed within their job descriptions, relevant occupational standards, National Care Standards and the Trust's policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility for managing the strategic direction and development of the service, consulting and working with other agencies to produce proposals and plans as required.
- To take lead responsibility for maintaining quality standards within the service, this includes regulatory requirements i.e. regulatory monitoring, pre inspection questionnaires and following through all actions and requirements from inspections to ensure that positive ratings are achieved.
If you have residential childcare management experience and can demonstrate success in delivering outstanding childcare in a children's home, then we want to hear from you!
We ask that you hold an NVQ Level 3 in children and young people along with an NVQ Level 5 in leadership and management. You'll also need at least one year's experience in management and supervision of staff. Extensive experience of working with children with complex needs, you will have up to date knowledge of children's homes legislation, Ofsted inspection framework, quality standards and children's homes regulations 2015.
The Trust offers many benefits such as:
- Extensive support from the senior operations team and team of registered managers within the Together Trust
- Input from the Together Trust clinical team
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent training programme
- Dedicated and established service and staff team
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff support services/EAP
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Registered Children’s Home Manager HREX89002
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly