Salford, Greater Manchester
Up to £45,000 per annum Plus Benefits
Who are Vaioni?
Vaioni is a multi-award-winning network operator, delivering the best and most reliable internet connectivity, security and voice solutions, to SME, mid-market and technology partners.
Headquartered in MediaCity, the company owns and operates V.E.N., a carrier grade, national ethernet network, connecting over 250,000 postcodes across the UK and is integrated with all the major UK ethernet providers including BT, Virgin Media and TalkTalk Business, owning one of the biggest ethernet platforms in the country.
Recognised as a Top 100 Fastest Growing Tech Firms in the North, we have experienced strong year-on-year growth, with the business now supporting more than 2000 services, across 600+ customer, globally. We are now looking for a Finance Manager to join our team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a finance professional to join our award-winning business whilst we embark on a period of rapid growth. The business has secured a multimillion-pound private equity investment and it is a great time to be a part of a management team who are focused on delivering growth plans.
As the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the finance department, as well as contributing to the strategic objectives of the business. You will be a key member of our middle management team and will be working with other managers to drive constant improvements in systems, processes and people to facilitate growth.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Production of monthly management accounts and board pack
- Management and development of the finance team
- Management of the AR and AP functions
- Working with other managers to effectively manage and track departmental budgets
- Taking complete ownership of the company’s fixed asset register
- Liaising with banks/auditors and business advisors
- Improving internal controls by streamlining existing processes
- Working with the development team to drive as much automation as possible within the finance function and play a vital role in the company’s automation strategy
- Working with managers to automate and improve the procurement to pay cycle
The role offers more than just number crunching and will excite someone who is ready to embark on a challenge.
The person we are looking for
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Qualified accountant with strong technical skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience of people management
- Experience of delivering and facilitating projects
- Effective management of key internal and external stakeholders
Experience within a top 20 accounting firm would be beneficial to your application.
Other companies may call this role Financial Manager, Head of Finance, Financial Controller, Finance Controller, Qualified Accountant, or Senior Accountant.
What do you get from Vaioni?
Vaioni is a relatively young, but fast-growing business. We are a market leader in what we do and are regarded as an aspiring company, with great credentials and good year-on-year growth. The working environment is an exciting and dynamic place to work, and we operate by the motto of “work hard - play hard.” Our business is all about its people, so we are looking for people with the right mix of our 3 key people principles – Attitude, Behaviour and Capability. As a people focused business, we put emphasis on personal and people development and learning, promoting high performance output and quality decision-making, driving better success of our customer and our business.
- Breakfast each morning
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Pension contribution
- Health care cash back plan
- 2 x 10min additional breaks
- Finish at 5pm on a Friday with drinks
- Regular work nights out
- 23 days’ holiday (+ UK British Public Holidays) which increase with length of service, + 1 day off on your birthday
- Buy/sell holiday scheme
- Flexible hours policy
- Volunteering days
Webrecruit and Vaioni are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next step as a Finance Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.