Lead/Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for talented Lead/Senior Software Engineers to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions. We are building solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
How? By bringing together smart technology, date and people into a single solution. We are building tools that fight financial crime today to prevent a riskier tomorrow.
Every day we look to tackle highly interesting and challenging problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. We have developed modern, web-based applications that allow out growing list of international clients to detect and ultimately prevent, illegal money transfers. We reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology & design and disrupt the compliance industry while doing so. After securing our Series B investment round of $30mln led by Index Ventures and tripling our revenue year-on-year, we’re growing fast and are looking for the best people to join us.
Fresh Thinkers – We’re big thinking, boundary breakers, providing innovative solutions not corporate fixers.
Problem Solvers – We’re constantly curious and instinctively clever, always striving to be faster and better.
People People – We’re the human side of risk and compliance, we care about the people behind the screens.
As Lead/Senior Software Engineers, you will work on critical parts of our data collection, ingestion, processing and presentation platforms. Taking ownership of your code is extremely important - you design it, build it, ship it and run it!
You will be expected to search for optimal solutions at every stage, assessing new or untested technologies instead of simply picking the most familiar. Architecture decisions will need to be justifiable, and the development team should share a common understanding of the choices that have been made, and why they were made.
Key duties and responsibilities
• design and build solutions to problems as part of a team, liaising and interacting with stakeholders across the business;
• research and investigate new technologies to solve business and technical problems as required;
• prioritise features in conjunction with other team members to align with user, engineering and business requirements;
• build highly scalable systems to facilitate the collection, extraction, classification and enrichment of hundreds of millions of web pages we scrape for our products, which allows our customers to identify hidden risks/crimes in current and potential clients;
• assist with testing procedures and frameworks, and ensure testing is carried out on projects before delivery; and
• depending on experience, they may also supervise other developers.
Skills, experience and qualifications required
• have a minimum degree-level education in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a similar discipline;
• have knowledge of data structures, algorithms, complexity and optimization strategies;
• be a strong developer with Python, Java, C++, C# or .NET; and
• have experience working with and processing data.
Candidates would also ideally have tech leadership or line management experience.
Closing date: 25 October 2019
Apply for Lead/Senior Software Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly