Housekeeping Assistant (Somewhere Safe to Stay Hub)
Somewhere Safte to Stay Hub
Closing date: 9am 16 October 2019
Contract: 1 year fixed term.
Salary: £5,953 per annum pro rata
Hours: 9.5 hours.
4 days per week (3 x shifts of 2.5 hours and 1 x shift of 2 hours) Flexible working hours offered.
Benefits: Competitive salary, comprehensive training and development programme, 25 days annual leave (pro rata) plus Bank Holidays, occupational sick pay, contributory group pension scheme, free life assurance and salary sacrifice schemes (eg. childcare vouchers).
About the role
- To deliver consistently high quality cleaning and housekeeping duties across the Evolve Housing + Support portfolio of properties.
- To provide a welcoming, safe and clean environment for customers, staff and visitors.
- The provision of an effective and responsive cleaning service to assessment centre and customer facing schemes throughout Evolve
- Responsible for reporting Health and Safety concerns within the scope of the role
- Responsible for ensuring the role is carried out with due to regard to Health and Safety
As well as being motivated, committed and personable, the post holder should have:
- Some experience of working in a cleaning / housekeeping role
- A reasonable standard of numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
- An understanding of and commitment to Diversity & Equality
- The ability to show empathy to disadvantaged groups
- Good communication skills both orally, written and electronic
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to maintain a good standard of written records
- The ability to work changing shift patterns, including evenings and weekends as required
- The ability to remain enthusiastic and committed in the role
- The ability use initiative
About Evolve Housing + Support
Evolve Housing and Support work in the London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, and the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea. We are the third largest provider of homelessness accommodation in London and work with people of all ages, providing housing, support and guidance to empower them towards independent living and to building a better life.
Evolve Housing + Support is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community, including people who have experienced homelessness themselves.
Please ensure that you give a clear outline of how your application meets the criteria for this job.