Online Software Developer
6 days left
- Full Time
Online Software Developer
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Circa £45,000 DOE Plus BUPA Private Health Insurance, Contributory Pension Scheme, 25 Days’ Holiday + Bank Holidays
Widgit is an educational software provider with over 30 years of success. Our symbols and software titles are used in a wide range of locations, including thousands of schools, healthcare settings and homes, to support communication, education and understanding.
We are currently looking for an Online Software Developer to join us and continue the development of new features and components for our online software.
As an Online Software Developer, you will support both large institutions and individual symbol users by:
- Create and maintain high-quality, maintainable and well-regarded software
- Develop new features and capabilities to ensure the user experience is maximised
- Create clean, well-maintained and reusable code
- Contribute to product roadmaps
- Help to triage issues and support bug fix discussions
- Support the development of a new piece of software to help colleagues work on the data that underpins Widgit symbols
To be considered as an Online Software Developer, you will need:
- Proficiency in front end web technologies, such as modern HTML and CSS
- Experience of web development
- Knowledge of code versioning tools git and SVN
- Strong English communication skills (as this role involves writing technical documents to a high standard)
What makes us a great place to work?
- Join a business whose core values are integrity, kindness and quality
- Work as part of an efficient and evolving team
- Relaxed and friendly work environment
- The chance to get involved with our new online project, as well as our existing product
Webrecruit and Widgit are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
We have a dedicated PSL which includes The HR Consultancy and Webrecruit, should any further agency assistance be required, partners will be contacted directly. As such, we will not accept unsolicited applications or approaches from agencies.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Online Software Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.