Protein Analytical and Purification Scientist
2 days left
- Full Time
Scientist - Protein analysis and purification - J33569
Role Type: 12 months contract - Maternity cover
Salary: Dependent on Experience- from GBP26K
Skills: Protein and Antibody Analysis, UPLC, Antibody, analytical science
My client based in the Cambridge area works within antibody based therapeutics and is currently seeking a candidate to work in the Analytical and Protein groups.
With a background in protein or antibody therapeutics, you will have a proven expertise of working in the laboratory with such molecules and producing results to advance therapeutics findings.
Your responsibilities will be:
* Characterisation of proteins and antibodies using chromatography, electrophoresis and Mass Spectrometry
* Expression and purification of proteins
* Expert in analytical techniques and biological applications of proteins
* Drive the development of new analytical techniques and support findings
* Ensuring and participating to the group discovery and data presentation to colleagues and collaborators
Your skills and education will cover:
* BSc and preferably a higher degree in a relevant biological discipline (E)
* Developing analytical techniques for complex biological products (E)
* UPLC, HPLC chromatography systems, AKTA (E)
* Troubleshooting and optimisation of process (E)
* Protein expression and purification, structure and post-translational modification such as affinity, DEC, HIC or IEX (D)
* Understanding of drug discovery process (D)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company with strategic collaboration with existing manufacturer and EU patent on some of their molecules.
They are based on a science research park on the outskirt of Cambridge offering a short commute from the city of Cambridge by car, bike or shuttle bus. The campus has a cafeteria on site and a large park accessible to all employees.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Lynda Dupont on or email: