Business Partnership Executive
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Partnership Executive to join our team, working with exciting titles, such as the Manchester Evening News, Leicester Mercury, Liverpool Echo and more. This unique role is an exciting opportunity for individuals with a solid background in a customer facing/account management role.
As a Business Partnership Executive you will be working closely with both the commercial and editorial teams. It will be your responsibility to provide and assist the audience development ambitions of the daily news brands within Reach. You will actively be looking to secure new, cost effective business partnerships across the designated region to drive newspaper sales and to build relationships with clients.
This position is not limited to a certain location, and the successful candidate can be based in any of our UK offices around Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham or Leicester. The successful candidate will be required to travel between these locations.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- Identify potential new Business Partnerships, with input from the Commercial team, to maximise revenues
- Develop and deliver the strategic plan designed to maximise performance, within resource budget and achieve against sales/revenue targets
- Increase the business partnership base through effective call management
- Secure new business partnerships across the designated region
- Managing client accounts, keeping in regular contact and making any relevant adjustments
- Ensure that all activity and expenditure is assessed in terms of profitability
- Liaise with Editor and editorial team regarding sponsorship of selected platform over the course of the partnership
- Identify and develop persuasive business partnership campaigns in line with clients business goals
- Responsible for all potential business as directed with the exclusion of existing main advertising clients
- Complete regular customer service calls to existing Business Partnerships
- Monitor editorial and social media opportunities to ensure clients receive full requirement over the course of the partnership
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a proven track record of working within a commercial environment, building positive relationships at all levels within a complex organisation. This opportunity is best suited for a driven and determined individual with a strong background of driving business revenue and delivering objectives. You will be comfortable working independently out in the field and eager to offer initiative and develop new ideas to drive change. You will thrive from a challenge and have the ability to solve problems with a positive, can-do attitude.
A driving licence is essential to enable you to travel as part of your role.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at