7 days left
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Press Assistant to join us at our West Ferry print site in Luton.
Reporting to the Press Overseer and Production Coordinator, the successful candidate will undertake a variety of responsibilities whilst building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- Undertake basic routine maintenance, operation and cleaning tasks to press (units, folders, reelstands) and CtP equipment.
- Collection (from plate sortation) and correct distribution of printing plates to print units.
- Where necessary reel preparation and movement both in reelstand and reel preparation area.
- Assisting in all press pre production activities.
- Assisting printer in press start up and production routine(s) as required.
- Assisting in wash up and clean down routines.
- Keeping Press, Quiet room and surrounding areas tidy.
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to carry out reasonably strenuous work activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organised and works well under pressure, often working to urgent production demands
- 4 GCSEs grades A-C including Mathematics and English, or vocational equivalent
- Able to work a varied shift pattern
- Own transport required
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at