Health Economics Manager
Orion Group are looking for a Health Economics Manager for our multinational pharmaceutical client based in the Middlesex area on an initial 12-month contract with the potential to extend.
We work in international cross-functional teams developing and supporting product value strategy focusing on evidence-based economic modeling throughout the product life-cycle. The activities of the team include early modeling for strategic input to development, design and pricing, core models and local model adaptations for Health Technology Assessment (HTA) and price and reimbursement submissions as well as tools supporting field-based key account value communication.
The successful candidate will be focused on designing and executing the activities involved in the development and local adaptation of economic models across different therapeutic areas, under the supervision of a senior team member, and in collaboration with cross-functional local and global teams to support the launch of innovative therapies.
Main Responsibilities of the role
- Support the development of economic modeling tools, such as cost-effectiveness models, budget impact models and field based account calculators
- Customize core models to address local requirements:
-Critically review and select relevant inputs
-Generate base case and sensitivity/scenario results
-Discuss, re-analyse and present results
- Report the economic section of HTA pricing and reimbursement submissions and prepare responses to questions from HTA bodies
Desired Experience and Background of the successful candidate
- MSc in Health Economics with a background in economics or in a quantitative field (such as statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology or engineering)
- Strong programming skills (e.g. Excel, statistical software, etc.)
- Experience in programming with Excel
- Minimum of 2-year relevant working experience in the pharmaceutical industry consultancy, academia, reimbursement agencies or equivalent
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated skills in project management
- Fluency in English
- Experience in the local adaptation of cost-effectiveness and budget impact models
- Experience in the development of cost-effectiveness and budget impact models
- Experience in the development of HTA reports
- Experience in performing literature reviews
- Experience using Visual Basic, TreeAge Pro, R, Stata, SAS, WinBUGS and other software for statistical analyses
- Previous experience in similar role
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.