HR Business Partner - Glasgow (Part time)
We are seeking to recruit a HR Business Partner to work from the Daily Record offices based in Glasgow. This role can be part time or full time and we are fully committed to supporting flexible working.
Working with the Head of HR, you will be responsible for supporting a diverse portfolio across the Scotland and Ireland business areas. Combining National and Regional publications and websites you will act as a strategic partner and change agent to commercial, editorial and manufacturing business function senior managers to actively drive the creation, development and implementation of the people dimensions of their business strategy.
You will work closely with other HR Business Partners across the team who support similar portfolios regionally across the UK to share best practice and where appropriate consistency across the portfolio. You will also work closely with the Head of HR for Nationals and the HR Business Partners within this team in delivery of the Nationals people plan.
We are Reach because it's what we do
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- Building strong relationships with the business function senior managers, supporting them and acting as a critical friend.
- Working closely with senior managers for the business function in order to develop a people agenda that closely supports the overall aims of the organisation.
- Providing organisational development, change management expertise and a value-adding partnership to the business function.
- Diagnosing critical issues and preventing escalation where appropriate, ensuring the business continues to achieve its strategic goals
- Facilitating change and culture initiatives.
- Working with the Talent Centre of Excellence identify training needs within the business function, develop and deliver training solutions, particularly around management capability.
- Driving the talent agenda for the business area working closely with the Talent Centre of Excellence to develop and implement sustainable talent and succession plans.
- Working with the Resourcing team, provide sponsorship and drive the execution of a cohesive talent acquisition strategy that focuses on attracting, retaining and developing talent.
- Work with the Reward Centre of Excellent to review the compensation and benefits offering and ensuring it is fit for purpose across all areas.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an outstanding HR professional with the proven ability of building and maintaining strong relationships, alongside the ability to influence at senior level. You will be commercially savvy and able to manage multiple change programmes to drive down costs to support the growth agenda. You will ideally hold a CIPD Level 7 or equivalent recognised qualification/ degree in related subject (or ability to demonstrate equivalent levels of functional knowledge). We are looking for someone with substantial experience in HR covering all generalist areas. We operate a shared service model so experience in Centres of Excellence and a dispersed workforce is necessary. Previous experience of supporting businesses within a matrix organizational structure and Trade Unions would be advantageous.
The role will involve once-monthly air travel to Ireland (Belfast/Dublin)
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year (subject to management approval), discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at