Marketing and Communications Assistant
3 days left
- Full Time
We are seeking a creative and motivated person to work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to deliver engaging marketing campaigns with the overall aim of increasing inquiries, membership and fundraising opportunities for the charity.
You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with a number of different audiences. You’ll also have a creative approach to problem-solving along with excellent planning and administration skills. You need to be a team player but also use your own initiative to work independently. The role will be varied so you will be able to prioritise your own workload and ensure that deadlines are met.
You will work and meet with a wide range of people across the Charity, including clients, volunteers, donors, partners, and stakeholders and importantly, be an essential part of the iSightCornwall team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Produce engaging content for our social media channels ensuring all copy is relevant for the different platforms.
- Monitor social media channels for mentions and comments and respond to enquiries.
- Produce informative and engaging content for the website ensuring all copy is effectively search engine optimised.
- Oversee the promotion and maintenance of the online shop.
- Oversee the in-house design and maintenance of the website.
- Monitor and evaluate Google AdWords to optimise PPC campaigns.
- Manage and maintain the membership database, producing written communications for membership renewals and confirmations.
- Manage, monitor and maintain the Dynamics database.
- Drive engagement for events through written communications, online activity and advertising.
- Perform targeted mail outs to members, clients and external organisations.
- Develop informative and engaging e-communications for newsletter subscribers.
- Co-ordinate advertising for charity events and volunteering activities.
- Research and share articles relating to eye health, eye research and sight loss.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Marketing Plan.
- Collate and report back monthly on performance statistics for all marketing activities.
- Operate in accordance with all iSightCornwall policies and procedures appertaining to this role.
For more information about the role please visit our website at https://www.isightcornwall.org.uk/vacancies/ and download a Job Description and Person Specification.
The closing date for applications is 9am Monday 28 October 2019. Interviews will take place week commencing 4 November 2019.
How To Apply
If you would like to apply, please send your completed application form (available to download from our website) to Katherine Bagshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note CVs will not be accepted.