Transport Operations Supervisor
Transport Operations Supervisor
Willenhall, West Midlands
If you are a transport planning professional with road tanker experience, this is a brilliant opportunity to take your next step up with an internationally successful business.
Suttons is an innovative, global logistics business with operational centres in Europe, North and South America, the Middle East and Asia.
Focusing on the chemical, gas and fuel sectors, we boast two operating divisions and offer a complete range of tanker and support services to provide best value for money and outstanding solutions to our customer base.
We are now looking for a Transport Operations Supervisor to join our Tanker Division and help to optimise our transport routes.
- Salary of £25,000 per annum
- Tax free allowance
- Company pension scheme
- Medicals paid in full
- Fully paid renewal training provided during employment
- Full uniform and safety clothing
- Paid holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Join a company that’s experiencing strong, continued growth
At Suttons, we foster a team-oriented and welcoming environment, continually invest in our people, equipment and systems and are dedicated to helping our employees perform at their best.
You will be supported to build on your existing expertise and play an important role in our business by effectively managing our fleet resources.
Our success is wholly dependent on the knowledge, skills and commitment of our people, which is why we are passionate about having the best people on our team to take Suttons forward. If you think you could make a difference as part of the Suttons family, we want to hear from you.
As a Transport Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible for our day-to-day planning requirements, including transport routes and resources.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will:
- Effectively allocate resources to meet both tanker compatibility and driver training requirements
- Liaise with internal transport operations and external customers to match demand with flexible resources
- Quickly respond to changing operations needs
- Identify ways to improve the efficiency and utilisation of fleet resources
- Make sure that all transport data is accurate, maintained and meets reporting requirements
To join us as a Transport Operations Supervisor, you will need:
- Proven transport planning experience with road tankers
- Experience of working with, and managing, internal and external sub-contractors
- An understanding of UK and EU transport legislation and driver hours rules
- Knowledge of legislation regarding vehicle roadworthiness and/or MOT and the active management of this
- The ability to plan multi-site operations
- At a minimum, GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above in English and Maths, ideally a degree
A Driver CPC would be beneficial to your application.
We would like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Transport Planner, Tanker Route Planner, Fleet Controller, Transport Controller, Route Planner, Transport Operations Co-ordinator, or Logistics Supervisor.
Webrecruit and Suttons are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next step as a Transport Operations Supervisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.