We are recruiting for PSV/HGV Mechanics/Technicians to join our Engineering team in York
You will be a fully qualified Skilled Mechanic/Technician with previous experience, preferably with knowledge of PSV/HGV vehicles.
The safety and reliability of our buses is vital in making sure we can provide the highest levels of service to our customers. Dealing with the full range of systems, your job covers diagnosis and repairs, routine examinations, servicing and parts replacement.
The salary is GBP29k per annum. The working hours are 40 per week worked over a 5/7 shift pattern.
What will you be doing?
The successful Mechanic/Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used
- Carry out vehicle servicing and routine vehicle examinations using hand held data capture devices if applicable
- Attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries
- Carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to determine specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- A full B class licence is essential and a PCV licence would be desirable.
- Experience of working with buses & coaches would be an advantage
- You'll have a flexible approach to working hours
- You'll will also have to ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- GBP6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!