Service Manager - Western Toyota Dunfermline
- Full Time
45 hours Dunfermline Full Time Apply Now
This is an exciting and challenging role. Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will be responsible for leading and motivating the Service team by personally demonstrating and encouraging the skills and behaviours associated with the company and manufacturer's brand values. Customer engagement will be at the forefront of everything you do as well as encouraging your team to deliver in a busy environment and maintaining high customer standards. We work with 14 brands across 35 sites with just over 1500 employees.
Western Toyota Halbeath
Salary GBP32,500 - GBP35,000 DOE
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world's best loved brands. If you haven't already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company's history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
What does the job entail?
- To develop Service Department plans and budgets to achieve agreed financial, marketing, staffing and sales targets. Long, medium and short term objectives.
- Ensure that recruitment is conducted with reference to current policies and procedures.
- Ensure that appraisals are conducted for each employee and training plans / staff development programmes are agreed and implemented at time intervals as periodically agreed.
- Create and maintain control systems for all departmental resources, financial, material and personnel
- Create, agree and implement sales, merchandising, advertising and sales promotion plans to meet plans and budgets; maintain after sales reception area to a high standard and ensure effective display of parts and accessories.
- Continuously monitor Customer Services levels and take corrective action where necessary (training, discipline or new procedures)
- Utilise monthly accounts to monitor and control profitability and productivity, including workshop efficiency, debtors and working capital.
- Ensure that all warranty work is carried out within guidelines.
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained and employees are trained in safe use of equipment and substances
- Ensure that the premises and equipment are maintained to a high standard of repair, decoration and presentation as agreed with GM/Board.
- Ensure that all legal responsibilities are met.
- Train service staff in service reception duties.
- Ensure the efficient and timely operation of administrative systems and operating procedures.
- Resolve all customer enquiries and complaints in a competent and timely manner.
- To hold staff briefings for all staff on a regular basis and a written record kept in minute form
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Present strong management and coaching skills gained in a similar role and environment.
- Possess excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Hold the ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced environment producing great results of outstanding customer service and selling.
- Have an interest in selling
- Can work across multi digital platforms
- Hold a full clean UK driving licence.
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme