DBA/Database Developer, Central Norwich, up to GBP40,000pa + Benefits
4 days left
- Full Time
R13 recruitment are currently searching a fantastic opportunity to join the Database team of a leading Financial Services business in Central Norwich. The role is an exciting opening for a DBA professional to join a well-respected and growing business whose business model and strategy is underpinned by the provision of accurate and up to date financial information.
The business is in search of an experienced database professional with some front end development experience on a permanent basis who work with SQL Server 2017 and develop using C# and VB.NET to manage several complex databases storing information on financial services products. This is a unique opportunity for a DBA with solid commercial experience to work on several key projects. The team is highly technical team with responsibility for everything from BAU to Sales support and major project work including managing all aspects of the database infrastructure.
Your key duties will include:
- Rebuilding or extending existing web applications, including data design and development using T-SQL 2017
- Reviewing T-SQL and .NET code written by other members of the team with the ability to write from scratch.
- Support and development of existing systems and applications with a strong focus on change management and consideration of long term compatibility constraints is essential.
- Controlling code deployments.
- Undertaking analysis and developing application solutions.
- Creating bespoke data reports for internal and external customers.
- Mentoring junior team members and supporting customers.
You will have:
- Excellent experience and knowledge of T-SQL skills (2+ years), Stored Procedure Development, SQL Server Management, .Net Development (C# / VB.NET), XML / XSD / XSLT.
- Skilled or experienced in SSIS, High Availability Technology, Reporting Tools, SQL Server Monitoring Tools, Virtualisation, VB6 / VBA and Data Warehousing.
- Operational Server Management experience would also be beneficial.
- Experienced to manage multiple projects with the ability to prioritise work in an ever evolving technical environment.
- Willingness to learn and develop with new technologies and processes.
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to seek and identify efficiency improvements that deliver benefit to the business.
- Database design skills are essential.
- Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry beneficial but not essential.
The department is open between 08.00am and 17.30pm with developers working a 7.5 hour shift within these times. 37.5 hours per week.
Offices are based in the Norwich city centre, offering a basic salary up to GBP40,000pa along with a highly comprehensive benefits package including; 25 days holiday + bank holidays, free parking on site, enhanced workplace pension scheme and Group life insurance.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Ben Parravani - Senior Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.