Lead Scientist In Vitro Testing (GLP Lab)
1 day left
- Full Time
Lead Scientist – In Vitro Testing (GLP Lab)
We’re XCellR8, an award-winning organisation that is dedicated to developing animal-free testing solutions for the cosmetics and chemical industries.
We’re committed to Xcellence, being Xtraordinary, Xemplary and going the Xtra mile to achieve outstanding results. We are now seeking a Lead Scientist to oversee our GLP accredited laboratory in Daresbury.
- Competitive package DOE
- 25 days’ holiday
- Free parking
Born from a great idea and a passion for animal welfare, XCellR8 has become a world leader in our field and we’re constantly pushing boundaries to find animal-free, cutting-edge testing solutions.
In this important role, you will have the chance to drive excellence within our 3,500 sq ft, state-of-the-art laboratory at the National Science and Innovation Campus in Daresbury.
You will have the opportunity to share your expertise with a determined team and play an important part in our mission to become the global leader in animal-free testing.
As the Lead Scientist, you will oversee all activities within our GLP accredited laboratory and act as a Study Director for in vitro studies.
Reporting to the CEO, you will ensure that all studies are carried out to the highest scientific, regulatory and administrative standards.
Specifically, you will:
- Act as the line manager for scientific staff who deliver our contract testing activities and R&D operations
- Oversee studies from beginning to end to ensure GLP is met and study outcomes are valid and reliable
- Liaise with clients regarding the scientific aspects of studies
- Plan and manage projects
- Oversee the set-up of new methods and R&D projects in the lab
- Represent XCellR8 at conferences
- Identify new areas for scientific innovation
- Drive and manage process and operational change
To join us as our Lead Scientist, you will need:
- At least five years’ experience in a regulated environment
- Contract testing experience using in vitro technologies, preferably GLP
- Previous research and development experience
- Significant leadership experience
- Strong data analysis skills
- A PhD level qualification in a life science subject
Other organisations may call this role Senior Scientist, Lead R&D Scientist, Study Director, Lead GLP Scientist, Laboratory Manager, Lab Manager, or Lead In Vitro Scientist.
Webrecruit and XCellR8 are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next step up as a Lead Scientist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: Full time, Monday – Friday