PHP Software Developer
5 days left
- Full Time
PHP Software Developer
Salford, Greater Manchester
£Competitive Plus Benefits (see below)
Who are Vaioni?
Vaioni is a multi-award-winning network operator, delivering the best and most reliable internet connectivity, security and voice solutions, to SME, mid-market and technology partners.
Headquartered in MediaCity, the company owns and operates V.E.N., a carrier grade, national ethernet network, connecting over 250,000 postcodes across the UK and is integrated with all the major UK ethernet providers including BT, Virgin Media and TalkTalk Business, owning one of the biggest ethernet platforms in the country.
With an extensive London and Manchester Core Network, Vaioni offers extraordinary ethernet coverage across the UK, with international coverage to over 150 countries.
Recognised as a Top 100 Fastest Growing Tech Firms in the North, we have experienced strong year-on-year growth, with the business now supporting more than 2,000 services across 600+ customers globally. We are now looking for a PHP Software Developer to join our team.
What does this role involve?
Vaioni has a clear and long-term plan in becoming one of the most advanced networks in the UK. Part of the success of this plan depends upon automation through software development.
Our ambition is to build a highly scalable software infrastructure, including high quality and robust customer-facing portals, automation across our products and network infrastructure, using Software Defined Networking and similar, to give our customers the best possible customer experience.
As our PHP Software Developer, you’ll get involved with the full Software Development Lifecycle, from specification and design through to development, implementation and support of software products, both internal and customer-facing.
Specifically, you will:
- Contribute to the specification and design of development projects
- Liaise and collaborate with the team to ensure robust, best-practice solutions
- Develop and maintain front and back-end code to a high standard and to agreed timescales
- Review other developers' solutions and code
- Provide regular progress updates to managers and stakeholders
- Produce documentation
- Act as first-line technical support for issues and bugs
What we’re looking for
To join us as a PHP Software Developer, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience as a Developer
- Experience of building and supporting automated, web-based systems and/or portals
- Previous experience of PHP, MySQL and MVC Frameworks (such as CodeIgniter)
- Experience of building and integrating with API (REST and SOAP)
- A degree level qualification
We want to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Software Developer, PHP Developer, Web Developer, Web App Developer, Software App Developer, Application Developer, PHP Programmer, or Programmer.
Industry certifications would be beneficial, as would experience of microservices architecture. Knowledge of Test-Driven Development or network and applications security would also be an advantage.
Why join Vaioni?
Vaioni is a relatively young, but fast-growing business. We are a market leader in what we do and are regarded as an aspiring company with great credentials and good year-on-year growth. The working environment is a dynamic place to work, and we operate by the motto of “work hard - play hard.” Our business is all about its people, so we are looking for people with the right mix of our 3 key people principles – Attitude, Behaviour and Capability. As a people-focused business, we put emphasis on personal and people development and learning, promoting high performance output and quality decision-making, driving success for our customers and our business.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Breakfast each morning
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Pension contribution
- Healthcare cash back plan
- 2 x 10 min additional breaks
- Finish at 5pm on a Friday with drinks
- Regular work nights out
- 23 days’ holiday (+ UK British Public Holidays) which increase with length of service
- Buy/sell holiday scheme
- Flexible hours policy, + 1 day off on your birthday
- Volunteering days
Webrecruit and Vaioni are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of PHP Software Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.