Parking & Welcome Steward
Parking & Welcome Steward
Washington Wetland Centre
£13,606 per annum
This role is part time (31.25 hours per week). Hours of work are 6:45am until 1pm, Monday to Friday and will involve working both school and public holidays. This role involves lone working 6:45am – 8:30am throughout the year.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Parking & Welcome Steward at WWT Washington Wetland Centre.
You’ll provide an excellent, professional welcome and customer care to all visitors to WWT Washington, whatever the reason for their visit whilst taking payment for parking and promoting the centre to existing and potential visitors.
By joining our team, you will become part of something amazing and you will be a key contributor to providing our visitors with a warm and genuine welcome and an unforgettable experience. In this way you will make a difference by connecting people and wetlands.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing & recording daily payments from employees of HMRC Waterview Park who wish to park on our premises, ensuring adherence to WWT customer service standards, legal compliance and safety procedures at all times
- Maintaining the car park as a professional, welcoming arrival space at all times through daily litter picking, sweeping, snow clearance & gritting and vegetation management
- To deal with all customer arrivals and queries in a professional and effective manner, providing relevant information, ensuring WWT customer service standards are achieved
- To work effectively as a team member in conjunction with other staff, volunteers and other departments. To attend staff meetings and training
- To adhere to Health and Safety regulations, ensuring all staff and visitors are in a safe environment
You will already be:
- An enthusiastic and motivated individual with a clear understanding of what good looks like in terms of both customer service and visual standards
- Able to undertake full responsibility for all aspects of managing the car park, from taking payments to managing the available space effectively
- A strong team player with a positive outlook who also possesses the confidence to raise and resolve issues in a professional manner
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is a conservation charity that protects wetlands for wildlife and people. We conserve, restore and create wetlands. We are pioneers in saving wetland wildlife, both in the UK and around the world. At our 10 UK sites over a million visitors a year engage with wetland nature. We work internationally in key global wetland areas, balancing conservation with sustainable livelihoods and influencing national and international conservation policies.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service (pro-rata)
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free car parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
Closing date Thursday 3rd October 2019
Interview date Wednesday 16th October 2019
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
Registered Charity Number England & Wales, no 1030884 and Scotland, no SC039410
To apply for the role of Parking & Welcome Steward, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Welcome Steward, Parking Steward, Parking Monitor, Customer Service Assistant, Guest Services Assistant, Car Park Assistant, Visitor Assistant, or Visitor Services Assistant.