Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Salary: GBP28,000 - GBP30,000 (depending on experience)
Summary of Position:
Our client, a leading global wholesaler of pharmaceuticals, specialising in importing and exporting pharmaceuticals to markets across the globe are looking for an experienced and motivated Procurement Specialist to join their team. The Procurement Specialist will be involved in the purchase of mainly pharmaceuticals, as well as other healthcare products.
The successful candidate would be expected to manage existing supplier relationships, identify new suppliers and strategically important products and improve or maintain margins on those products through more effective purchasing.
- Working with the sales team to strategically source medicinal products to client specifications from UK and overseas markets including public and private sector tenders
- To raise purchase orders and expedite deliveries to ensure that lead-times are met and continuity of supply is maintained
- Ensuring that product cost targets are achieved and inventory levels are managed to support customer requirements, whilst preventing the accumulation of excess stock
- To identify and suggest appropriate new products in line with corporate focus and strategy
- Identifying solutions to client back orders
- Participation in selection and qualification of new vendors into the supply chain
- To accurately input and upkeep ManSys and Salesforce data including information relating to products, suppliers, licences, quotations and supplier complaints
- Working with the Finance team to resolve invoice discrepancies
- To maintain compliance with all policies and standard operation procedures (SOPS) across the company
Skills, Experience & Key Candidate Attributes:
- Minimum of three years' international sourcing & procurement experience; preferred within the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills and speed and efficiency with ability to multi-task effectively in a high-pressure and time-sensitive environment
- Effective negotiation skills and commercially driven
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Team player - ability to work well with sales team and other internal stakeholders
- Relationship/account management skills for suppliers of varying levels of spend
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Highly IT literate (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook) including deep experience of procurement/order and inventory management software.
Hours of work: 9:00am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday