Events Logistics Manager Ref:5338
3 days left
- Full Time
Events Logistics Manager
Position: Permanent Full-time (freelance/contractual hires will be considered on an interim basis)
Salary: Negotiable subject to Experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to stretch your experience to one of the biggest and most exciting continents of this decade - Africa.
Who we are:
We are a thriving independent, full suite service corporate communications,
marketing and branding agency. We are small, but mighty. Our impressive roster of exciting global clients - each blazing a trail in their respective fields - is indicative of the expert guidance we provide to help them reach both their short and long-term goals.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Senior Account Director and the Managing Director, this role provides a great opportunity for an experienced Events Logistics Manager. You will have responsibility for putting on a range of events (promotions and product launches, social events, cultural events, large international conferences). You will manage the whole process from planning stage right through to running the actual event itself and the post event evaluation. The role is very hands-on and involves working as part of a team. You will work with the account management, PR/comms and events team members to provide direction and support, whilst maintaining motivation and enthusiasm.You will also be responsible for the development of client relationships in order to maintain and increase business opportunities in line with the account and company strategic objectives.
Responsibilities for the Events Logistics Manager:
- Liaise with clients to find out their exact event requirements.
- Produce detailed proposals for events (for example, timelines, venues, suppliers,legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
- Research venues, suppliers and contractors, then negotiating prices and hire.
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (for example, venue, catering, travel)
- Liaise with Corporate Communications & PR team to promote the event and attract sponsorship.
- Manage all event planning, e.g. organizing guest speakers and delegate packs
- Co-ordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget
- Manage a team of staff, giving full briefings
- Organise facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media
- Make sure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed
- Oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently
- Research opportunities for new clients and events
- Any other tasks required by the Managing Director
Requirements for the Events Logistics Manager:
Relevant event experience on large international events with management responsibilities
Educated to degree level/professional qualification or qualified by experience
Agency experience is essential
Proven experience in logistics and delegate management
Experience in the financial services sector
Experience of leading and contributing to pitches - including excellent presentation skills
Excellent organisational skills
Technical and logistical acumen (for example ability to write audio-visual event briefs in advance and execute on-site
Negotiation skills (when seeking best price for venues, suppliers and contractors
Ability to manage budgets
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, including clients, colleagues and vendors, to time and under pressure
Ability to meet changing deadlines and briefs; to be flexible and unphased by changes in focus of event, numbers attending, budgets or location
Anticipate before, during and after the event, ability to troubleshoot and problemsolve
Ability to think at a strategic level
Ability to work calmly under pressure and work to very tight deadlines
Numerate and experienced at managing complex budgets, preparing spreadsheets, costings, etc
Able to work on own initiative and also as a key 'hands on' team member
Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
A 'can do’ attitude and solution-orientated
Languages are not essential, but would be helpful, particularly French
Flexible about working long hours and weekends when required
Willingness to travel in UK / overseas and spend time away from home often at short notice
Why you should come to work for us:
We are close-knit agency and pride ourselves on the culture of inclusivity and camaraderie.
Apply for Events Logistics Manager Ref:5338
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly