3 days left
- Full Time
We’re Student Roost. An owner and operator of purpose-built student accommodation across the UK. We’re not quite the new kids on the block, having already created a portfolio of over 20,000 beds and ambition to further increase that in the near future; but we’re at the very beginning of building our brand, our culture and our DNA. That makes it a really exciting time to join us.
We can’t tell you too much about ‘who we are’, because we’re building the very team that will help us do that. What we can tell you, is that already we’re made up of really good people and we’re a business who will endeavour always to do the right thing, in the right way – truly putting students’ experience, welfare and safety at the top of our agenda.
We’ve all heard ‘if you build it…they will come’; we believe if you build it right, they will stay, that goes for both our customers and our people. We want to be a stable, welcoming and safe backdrop to our customer’s entire time at University, giving them one less thing to worry about. And for our people, we all spend more time at work than we do with our loved ones, we think it’s only right that you do that in an organisation, environment and a team that you love being a part of.
As a business working with a youth audience, our capabilities around technology are of paramount
importance to us. You’ll form a part of our Corporate Head Office team who all play important roles
in contributing to the success of our business and we’re searching for the best candidates out there
to take up the roles in our Birmingham office.
SAFETY, WELFARE, COMPLIANCE & AUDIT
- Top of your agenda at all times; practice an unrelenting approach to safety and welfare by adherence to any and all safety policies and processes in our organisation.
- Develop an understanding within your respective area for all statutory and legal accountabilities we hold; furthermore, ensure that your colleagues understand why we perform such duties and encourage an environment where safety and welfare is never overlooked.
- Create an environment whereby all team members feel confident and comfortable in raising any concerns about our properties or our practices.
- Ensure that any work undertaken does not compromise user data and any systems are compliant with GDPR regulations.
- Assist in implementing Sarbanes Oxley IT General controls and minimise any deficiencies or weaknesses in the first year of compliance
- Your Primary Work Driver. Managing calls in and out of the Service Desk is the key function of this role
- Always be the first point of contact for our users and have the ability to provide Hands on support on a variety of Technologies. First time fix being a key measure.
- Build an operational relationship with the IT Application Team, Finance Team and 3rd Party providers in respect to Support & Administration Services for all Student Roost business applications.
- Build a working relationship with the Treasury Team and help ensure financial related calls are processed and resolved quickly.
- Identify any quick IT wins to promote best practice use of IT
- Learn and Support Student Roost business applications. Kinetics Student & Sage X3 being key ones.
- In conjunction with the IT Infrastructure Manager develop Student Roost’s Desktop portfolio.
- Develop deeper understanding of systems by assisting in development and delivery of training resources.
- From time to time attend sites, develop relationships with site staff, learn and understand the IT functions supporting the operation.
CONTROL & COMPLIANCE
- Ensure all Business Applications have an appropriate set of Security controls in place and ensure they are operational across the business.
- Provide regular operational audits of agreed controls
- Report when necessary on compliance to the IT Infrastructure Manager and Head of IT
WORKING WITH OTHERS
- Be ‘The Face of IT’
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders and end users across the business.
- Assist other business units with projects and support as and when required
- From time to time provide out of hours operational support
Apply for IT Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly