Actuarial Analyst (Student)
ReAssure are looking to recruit an Actuarial Analyst to join our Product Governance team within the Products and Propositions function.
The position is based in Telford on a permanent basis. This vacancy represents an opportunity to join one of Telford's largest employers, within an ever-changing environment where you will discover the potential to perform and grow.
In this role as an Actuarial Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the Product Governance team in their day-to-day duties. The team is responsible for ensuring all our products are managed in line with their terms and conditions. A strong conduct risk and treating customer fairly ethos is reinforced by focusing on the delivery of good customer outcomes in a regulatory complaint way.
You will be working in a busy environment, where you will be expected to demonstrate flexibility to supporting various priorities as well as a willingness to learn.
Competitive Salary & Benefits package, including 27 days' holiday, Actuarial exam study support, pension and healthcare.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform high quality analysis and produce accurate output in line with reporting, pricing, or other requirements that apply.
- Ensure work is documented to the required audit standard.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to deliver objectives.
- Deliver all services to business and customers in a timely manner to meet expectations.
- Carry out routine processes in line with documented procedures, and ensure documented procedures are kept up to date.
- Support the agenda for product-related Committees.
- Apply actuarial judgement to propose process improvements to reduce cost, whilst improving controls and increasing service
- Escalate risks and issues to line management in a timely manner and assist with implementation of solution where appropriate.
- Actively support knowledge sharing within the department.
- Be prepared to rotate around different business areas every 12-18 months to expand skill set.
- Commitment to professional study requirements of the role.
- Run team meetings and actively participate in workshops attended
Key skills/experience required:
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, Access and Excel.
- Solid mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to think analytically and be a problem solver.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in well structured, plain English.
Originally founded in 1963, ReAssure is a life and pensions company which buys and administers closed books of business from other companies. Built on a 2000-strong team with a wide range of skills and experience, there's one constant running through the ReAssure business - 'Change'. Join us and you'll have opportunity to drive our growth and progress through your own success.
ReAssure is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills; and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age