Business Relationship and Change Manager
Utilita are one of the largest energy providers in Britain, and we supply gas and electricity, predominantly to the pre-payment market - Utilita was established in 2003 to give customers a fairer deal. We supply to both customers and businesses.
Year on year, Utilita's customer base is growing, resulting in departments expanding and creating many internal progression opportunities.
What You'll Be Doing
Responsible for the line management of the IT Projects team, incorporating Business Relationship Managers and project management staff.
Ensure effective use of resources in the IT Projects function to manage and deliver a programme of IT projects to support Utilita business objectives.
- Lead, manage and develop project managers and business analysts/business relationship managers to ensure projects meet objectives, are completed within scope and meet agreed criteria (e.g. time, quality, cost)
- Manage and utilise resources across the IT Projects team to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure that the IT Projects team understand and follow Utilita's defined change management process.
- Manage interdependencies between projects, and between projects and business-as-usual activities
- Manage risks and issues and take corrective measures as agreed with main stakeholders
- Manage both internal and external stakeholders (partners and vendors) and ensure appropriate communication channels are established so that positive relationships are developed and maintained
- Monitor progress against plan of a wide range of projects and change requests, oversee the management of project budgets and produce accurate and timely reporting of programme status throughout the life cycle.
- Support project managers and project teams in the application of project management and business analysis methodology (e.g. Agile, DevOps)
- Provide direct project management of business critical and/or high costs projects where time is available.
What We're Looking For
- Education to degree level or equivalent with strong experience of IT project or programme management of complex cross functional projects in a corporate commercial environment
- Experience in a management role
- Proven experience of project management through the entire project lifecycle, including manging business change, preferably in a software development or IT infrastructure environment.
- Ability to build business cases and provide business justification at the appropriate detail.
- Direct experience of working with project stakeholders across the business including at Board level
- Strong team player and communicator with leadership skills to motivate direct staff, project teams, technical associates and 3rd party suppliers
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Project management certification (PRINCE2 and /or Agile/DevOps) and ideally certified MSP Practitioner