IT Support Technician
To provide technical support to business units through the maintanence of hardware, software, networks and servers. In doing so, gaining exposure to a range of systems used by a world leading business.
With global headquarters in Glasgow, this company has a global influence and offers a range of industrial logistics services.
* Troubleshoot I.T issues
* Build, service and maintain vessel networks including site visits when required for build, refresh and out of management tasks
* Ensure daily, weekly and monthly tasks are complete on schedule and according to IT process
* Ensure business support processes are followed and documented
* Ensure that the asset database is maintained at all times
* Responsible for installing authorised software on desktops/laptops as required
* Highlighting improvements to processes to the IT Support Team Leader
* Responsible for supporting issues with IT equipment including scanners and printers
* Working closely with stakeholders in the business to improve customer relations and technical support
* Ensure that all calls are logged and the system is kept up to date
* Where required to do so supervise/mentor junior IT support technicians as required
You may be asked from time to time to undertake other tasks that's are considered to be relevant to your position.
Profile* HNC/HND or equivalent experience in I.T
* Supporting PC hardware, printers, scanners, peripherals and mobile devices.
* Experience of client PC connectivity (VPN, Ethernet and TCP/IP)
* Experience of MS Office including Office 365
* Support for Windows 7