An opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Manager has arisen within a fast growing, fun and vibrant company based in Hemel Hempstead in a brand new 12,000 sq ft warehouse.
You will be joining a dynamic and rapidly expanding company and the role will develop as they grow and you will have the opportunity to progress your career.
We are looking for a candidate who is confident and competent, with warehouse management experience. Working in a clean environment, with a small, friendly and hardworking team, you will have full responsibility for the supervising of the warehouse, ensuring that it is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Plan and manage all incoming and outgoing deliveries, ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed for goods in and despatch
- Ensure procedures are followed when packing deliveries and handling products
- Ensure everything is completed to relevant timescales
- Train and supervise the team, allocating work accordingly and motivating team members to ensure all targets are met
- Monitor time in and out for team members, completing timesheets if required
- Ensure all appropriate safety regulations are followed
- Arrange transport requirements for different deliveries
- Stock control - manage all movement of stock and transfers to ensure complete accuracy, investigate any discrepancies and carry out stock adjustments where necessary
- Manage stocktake requirements - prepare stock areas and count all stock, investigate and create amendments etc
- Carry out reviews and appraisals for all team members
- At least 4-5 years' experience working in a warehouse environment
- Experience of managing and training teams, including knowledge of recruiting, training, basic disciplinaries and appraisal processes
- Forklift driving licence
- Confident and clear communicator - both verbal and written
- Strong IT skills
- GCSE in English and Maths
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Excellent time management to ensure deadlines are met
- Good planning and organisational skills to ensure efficient processing of deliveries and prioritise workloads
- Great attention to detail
What's in it for you?
- Salary: GBP25k to GBP30k depending on experience
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Growing and dynamic company, with opportunities for progression
- An opportunity to make this role your own and implement and improve process and procedures
- Vibrant and supportive team
- Free parking
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.