Established blue-chip international trading company based in the City seeks an IMPORT/EXPORT ADMINISTRATOR for an initial fixed-term 6-7 month contract.
Salary will be up to GBP26k, depending on experience. Ideally to start September/October 2019.
- Administrative tasks related to the import/export of food products and managing their shipment
- Check shipping documents
- Create invoices
- Input invoices, purchases and sales on accounting system
- Ensure the delivery of products to large international retailers on time.
- Resolve any issues that arise during the export or import of products; work closely with port authorities.
- Monitor products and ensuring on time delivery.
- Correspond with suppliers and customers, respond to enquiries.
- Completion of import and export documentation accurately.
- Manage the full transaction cycle.
- Arrange and update internal reports & lists.
- Other ad hoc duties as required from time to time.
- Good team player - collaborate and support colleagues and peers across organisation
- Results-oriented and flexible; adaptable, able to meet deadlines and work with all types of individual based locally or at overseas branches
- Self-motivated, commercially oriented and driven individual
- Communication -able to build relationships with colleagues across the organisation and provide support required
- Detail oriented - ensure all information is correct and seek further clarification when information provided is not satisfactory
- Cross-culturally aware and adaptable
Key skills and experience required
- Previous experience in import/export administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK as the Company is not able to support visa applications