Brewster Partners Charity & Not For Profit are working with one of Doncaster's Methodist Churches to recruit a General Manager/Buildings Manager. This role will develop and maintain Church premises in Doncaster whilst generating new income through managing conferences, events, and lettings.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- To research and advertise conferences, events and other lettings, to maximise income for the sustainability of the church
- To act as a point of contact for all hirers and user groups, acting as a public face of Priory Place
- To manage conferencing and events subcontractors
- Managing building security, including key holder agreements
- To prepare and implement a maintenance plan for the building, ensuring all relevant property regulations are followed
- Managing the property budged and all expenditure
- Supervising property volunteers and coordinating rotas in consultation with the Community Outreach Worker
- To prepare and implement a property development plan, research inh and obtaining funding where necessary
- In consultation with the Building Steering Group, to identify building improvements required to advance and sustain the work of the church.
- To effectively promote, advertise and market the Church as a venue for events and celebrations, including use of printed materials, website and social media
To succeed in this role you will demonstrate relevant buildings or property management experience, in addition to experience of controlling budgets and reporting expenditure. Ideally you will have managed public or listed buildings previously.
As this role involves developing new business opportunities you will need to be a confident communicator with strong administrative, organisational, negotiation, prioritisation, problem solving and planning skills.
** Appointment is subject to satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure
Brewster Partners Business & Office Support is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing jobs in in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of business and office support recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at for more information.