Hospitality Apprentice BS796
Salary: £6,569.99 per annum (Pro rata of £8,103) + excellent benefits
Contract Type: Fractional, Fixed Term until 18th December 2020, 30 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Location: Paignton, Devon
Do you want to work for an award winning and IIP Platinum Champion employer? Are you a motivated and energetic individual who wants to be part of an exciting and successful team? If the answer is ‘yes’, then South Devon College is the place for you. A south Devon College Apprenticeship lasts 12 months. During which you will earn and learn with practical on-the-job-training, gaining real experience, with real responsibilities to allow you to develop your skills and talents - but don’t worry our experienced team will be on hand to support you all the way. As part of this superb opportunity you will gain formal qualifications and take your first step on the road to success.
We are recruiting for two apprentices to join our Tourism and Hospitality department and complete a Level 3 apprenticeship qualification.
The ideal candidate will have 5 GCSES at Grade C (4-9) including Maths and English or equivalent, experience of working in a front of house role with good customer service and communication skills.
You will need to be enthusiastic and committed with the ability to progress to work at a supervisory level.
Many more reasons to work at South Devon College:
- Above average apprenticeship pay rate.
- Up to 38 days paid leave per year, including Bank Holidays and additional College closure days
- Automatically enrolled into a great pension scheme which the College tops up your contribution with a further 12.5%.
- FREE Parking Permit or FREE Stagecoach Bus travel, which can be used year round on alternative routes
- FREE gym membership – saving £120 per year
- Staff discount via the Totum discount Card – covering many high street brands and local eateries.
- Fantastic progression opportunities – including a guaranteed interview for internal vacancies (if essential criteria are met)
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 29th September 2019
Interview Date: W/C 7th October 2019
To apply and for a full job description please visit the Jobs page of the South Devon College website. Please do NOT send CVs, we only accept applications via the relevant form on our dedicated recruitment website.
Please note that you will be required to be in possession of an Enhanced DBS Certificate, or be willing to undertake an Enhanced DBS check as a condition of employment at the College.
This College is committed to Safeguarding/Prevent and promoting the welfare of learners, including children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.