Christmas Grotto Elf
Bedruthan is a multi-award winning hotel and spa set into a cliff above Mawgan Porth Beach on the North Cornwall coast.
Our hotel has been cherished and nurtured by two generations of the same family for over 50 years to give our guests memorable holidays in this uniquely beautiful place.
Bedruthan is set in a natural playground with the beach just below us and some amazing facilities at the hotel itself. You can stroll along the foreshore, get a surf lesson or two and walk the cliff path to Bedruthan Steps – one of the north coast’s most dramatic beauty spots.
Are you ready hitch up your stripy socks, jingle some bells and pop your Elf ears on to help the big man in red save Christmas this year?! Becoming one of Santa’s Elves is truly a magical task and this Christmas, Santa Claus will need all the help he can get.
Since the 1800’s, Scandinavian writers have transformed gnomes into magical Christmas elves that were almost like mischievous fairies but were good at heart and it’ll be your job to keep that magic alive this Christmas.
Bedruthan Hotel's acclaimed Sugar and Spice Grotto needs candidates to help make a memorable Christmas for guests this year as they go on a festive journey with us.
As a Christmas Grotto Elf, your duties will include:
- Wearing your customised Elf uniform (pointy ears included)
- Promoting a mischievous and fun personality but never breaking character
- Being welcoming and professional, dynamic and quick thinking with a strong ability to improvise
- Keeping the spirit of Christmas alive
- To be entertaining, engaging and sensational
We’re looking for pointy eared, cheeky Elves who love to spread festive cheer for all to hear!
Some background in acting, drama or performing would be advantageous and being able to improvise and think on the spot – you never know what children might say!
Preferable attributes would include experience in toy making, present wrapping and reindeer mucking out. These are not essential as full Elf and Safety training will be provided.
- £8.75 per hour
- Seasonal contract from 18 November 2019 to 5 January 2020
- Temporary live-in accommodation
- 50% discount on restaurant food during shift
- Discounts on hotel services and products
Wish you were here? Please use the “I am interested” link to submit your CV and, in your covering letter ('message to the hiring manager'), let us know:
- An example of when you have entertained a child, or children, and have successfully improvised on the spot.
You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K.
Direct applications only.
A DBS disclosure is required prior to commencing employment.
Closing Date: Sunday 22 September 2019
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life