Operations Manager Office Environment (Contract)
Operations Manager – Office Environment (Contract)
Derby, Derbyshire (flexible/home working options available)
The British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) is the chartered society for worker health protection. We’re a science-based, charitable body that provides expertise and guidance in the recognition, control and management of workplace health risks.
We are a growing organisation with over 1500 members and 20 staff. Our main activities include delivering qualifications, conferences, publishing, technical guidance and policy advice. We also support those with communications and marketing.
It’s a truly exciting time to join our team, as we are working towards modernising our business, particularly in relation to our business systems, operational procedures and HR practices. The majority of our work is office-based, carried out with standard small business systems.
We are now looking for an Operations Manager to join us on a two year contract that has the potential to extend and support the transformation of our processes.
- Salary of circa £35,000 per annum
- Flexible and home working options
- Life assurance
- Make a difference as a member of our senior management team
- 25 days’ holiday including a three day Christmas closure
If you have experience of operational and compliance processes, this is an exceptional opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact on the way a forward-thinking organisation operates.
With the full support of our senior management team, you will have the chance to drive our productivity, introduce new technologies into the business and empower our people to work at their best.
What’s more, we will support you to develop professionally, enabling you to build on your existing expertise during your contract.
As the Operations Manager, you will support the modernisation of our business and ensure we are compliant with all relevant regulations.
In this exciting role, you will develop excellent operational processes and strong governance, compliance and control measures across our organisation.
Some of your duties will include:
- Modernising existing systems and processes
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of central operational processes, such as HR, finance, office management and IT
- Motivating and engaging staff to get involved with change initiatives
- Line managing two junior team members
To join us as an Operations Manager, you will need:
- Experience of operational and compliance processes
- The ability to lead and manage change at different levels in an organisation, such as the introduction of new operational systems
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills and an appreciation of risk management principles and procedures
- A degree level qualification in operations leadership and management or a business-related subject
Line management or project management experience would be beneficial, as would experience of working in a similar role, tackling similar challenges. It would also be advantageous if you had a professional qualification or membership with a professional body.
Other organisations may call this role Compliance Manager, Compliance & Operations Manager, Risk & Compliance Manager, Change Project Manager, Business Transformation Project Manager or Business Change Project Manager.
This is a full time role, however, for the right candidate we can offer this role on a part time basis, working four days per week. Our usual office hours are 8:30 – 16:30, Monday – Thursday and 8:30 – 16:00 on Friday.
Webrecruit and BOHS are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to take on a rewarding contract as our Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.