Aluminium Fabrication Supervisor
Are you an experienced Manufacturing Supervisor and looking for a new opportunity?
Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of our client who are a leading supplier of aluminium products and are located in the Stoke on Trent location. They currently have a new and exciting permanent opportunity.
- Ensure sufficient and adequate resources are available to satisfy Production targets.
- Measures, records, identifies and tracks rejects, work in progress, scrap and efficiency.
- Liaise with the Quality Manager to ensure Non-conformances are investigated and employees retrained where necessary.
- Adherence to the Quality Management system, ensuring adherence to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Attend Production meetings.
- Ensure all production materials achieve the Quality targets required.
- Ensure all production personnel are flexible in work routines by encouraging training, development and achievement of higher skill level.
- Ensure all production employees maintain good levels of discipline in line with Employee Handbook.
- Implementation, monitoring and management of Health and Safety Policy.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Ensure all workloads are planned and used efficiently in all areas of the production.
- Ensure capacity planning is efficient to accommodate holidays for production whilst agreeing overtime ensuring that it is cost efficient.
- Set and monitor Production Targets in line with the organisation strategy.
- Carry out annual appraisals and development of employees.
- Ensure shift changeovers run smoothly and maintain excellent levels of communication with other supervisors.
- Day to day management of the Production site escalating issues where necessary to the Production Manager.
- Ensure continuous self-development whilst keeping up to date with best practise and legislative restrictions.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Preferably an NVQ level 3 qualification
- Minimum 2 years' experience is required within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable Leadership skills in managing large work groups
- An understanding of the tools and techniques used in lean manufacturing, 5s is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Customer focused, attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
- Enthusiasm for learning and development
Shift; Day Shift
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for please apply today.
Closing date is 14th September 2019
gap professional is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future