Assistant Category Manager
An opportunity has arisen within our client's Procurement Services section for an Assistant Category Manager, based at their Headquarters in Sheffield.
Assistant Category Manager
Salary: £21,589 - £23,836 (Grade 5)
Hours: Full time - 37 hours per week
Work Pattern: Mon - Fri (Flexi time)
Location: Central Sheffield
The overall purpose of the role will be to be responsible for the day-to-day buying of supplies, services and minor works up to a value of £100,000, to interrogate Integra financial system in order to produce spend analysis reports and make appropriate recommendations, to promote good procurement practices, to work with stakeholders and take their needs to market, to ensure that the Contacts Register is up to date and published in accordance with The Local Government Transparency Code.
To be considered for this role you will have previous experience of working within a procurement section, carrying out tendering exercises with stakeholder engagement and working knowledge of MS Office Applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
You must possess good interpersonal skills, good telephone manner and ability to influence stakeholders.
The key duties will include:
- Responsible for establishing the requirements of internal customers (including the Central Stores) and other partners / stakeholders for the tendering (or sourcing from appropriate frameworks) of supplies, services and minor works up to £100,000. To understand the needs, write tender documents, produce and equalise returns analysis and make recommendation of award to the end users.
- Ensure compliance at all times with organisational procedures including Contract Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
- Remain alert to the reputational damage that can be experienced by the organisation in the event of breaches of Regulations and procedures.
- Ensure that information is entered correctly and concisely onto Requests for Quotations / Purchase Orders or other documentation used in the sourcing process.
- Ensure spend data analysis is carried out on a regular basis and appropriate action taken to ensure compliance and best value.
- On evaluation of spend analysis issue tender documents, compare and evaluate quotations received from suppliers, prepare evaluations and make recommendations for the placement of orders / contracts to relevant Category Manager.
Closing date for applications is 17:00 hours on 11th October 2019.
Previous applicants need not apply.
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application for this position.
Applications from job share candidates will be considered and all applications will be given equal consideration.
Please note the appointment is subject to successful pre-employment screening i.e. asylum and immigration check, references, medical screening, substance misuse testing and Disclosure Scotland Criminal Records Check or Enhanced DBS check (formerly CRB) if applicable.
If you require any of our client's recruitment documents in larger print or any other format, this can be arranged.
No agencies please.