Group and Volunteer Co-ordinator
Group and Volunteer Co-ordinator
Are you a qualified health and social care professional with independent advocacy training? Want to support the successful expansion of services that are empowering people to take control of their own lives? If so, we want to hear from you.
Rethink Mental Illness is a national charity that helps those affected by mental illness. We aim to challenge attitudes and change lives. Currently, we directly support almost 60,000 people every year across England, helping them through crises, to live independently and to realise they are not alone.
Our All Age Advocacy Service provides independent advocacy that empowers people to self-advocate, understand their own rights and speak up for themselves. We support people to build their own skills, confidence and resilience, reducing reliance on services in the future.
We have exciting plans to grow this service by developing a volunteer network and self-advocacy support groups to help more people than ever before. As such, we’re looking for a Group and Volunteer Co-ordinator to join us in Chelmsford.
- Salary of £21,703 - £23,905 per annum
- Pension scheme
- 33 days’ holiday per annum including Bank Holidays
- “Your Rethink Day” – an additional day of leave for your birthday
- Flexible working opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid eye test plus up to £55 towards new glasses or lenses (where appropriate)
- Career progression programme to support your professional aspirations
- Excellent training opportunities
This is a superb opportunity to join an organisation that challenges the stigma, injustice and discrimination experienced by people severely affected by mental illness.
Within a welcoming and supportive environment, you will have the chance to support the delivery of services that help individuals to speak up about the issues that are important to them.
As an Investors in People Gold accredited organisation, we will provide you with the training and support you need to succeed in your role and make a real difference to people in Essex.
As a Group and Volunteer Co-ordinator, you will help to recruit volunteers and set-up and develop self-advocacy groups within your region.
Working with the Contract Manager and another Group and Volunteer Co-ordinator, you will:
- Plan and deliver a comprehensive programme of self-advocacy and peer support groups
- Advertise and market volunteering opportunities
- Communicate with prospective volunteers and match them with viable opportunities
- Create a clear training package for groups and volunteers
- Identify and book suitable venues for groups in the area
- Develop strong links in the community to promote our service and maximise volunteer recruitment and retention
To join us as a Group and Volunteer Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Experience in one or more of the following specialist areas: learning disabilities, mental health/capacity, older people, physical disabilities, sensory impairment, children and young people, substance misuse or NHS complaints
- Previous experience of case management supervision
- An excellent understanding and experience of self and peer advocacy practice and approaches
- An independent advocacy qualification or training
- At a minimum, a Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care or similar
Other organisations may call this role Self-Advocacy Group Co-ordinator, Volunteering Co-ordinator, Volunteer Support Co-ordinator, Support Worker, Care Worker or Support Group Co-ordinator.
Webrecruit and Rethink Mental Illness are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Group and Volunteer Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week