Assistant Production Editor
Assistant Production Editor - Our Client is an international, independent academic publishing company, specialising in the humanities across the board. They have an exciting opportunity that has arisen for an Assistant Production Editor who will work closely with the Head of Pre-Press and the Senior Production Editor.
As an Assistant Production Editor, your responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with all stages of a title from final manuscript to printed book
- Utilising an XML Workflow in the publication process
- Communicating with authors regarding manuscript presentation, images, general queries and proofs
- Liaising with freelance workers
- Liaising with our Editorial department regarding cover images
- Checking illustration quality
- General pre-press administration and many other tasks
The successful candidate will have:
- General office experience and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Photoshop
- First-class organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a high level of tact and professionalism
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take on the responsibility
- High level of accuracy with precise attention to detail
- A good honours degree (or equivalent)
- Previous publishing experience
- Knowledge of InDesign
This is a full-time permanent role with office hours of Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. In return we are offering a competitive salary of GBP18,000.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible, together with a covering letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Editor, Publishing, Editor, Assistant Editor, Production Editor
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.