Assistant Travel Manager - Award Winning Travel Agent!
Our industry leading Travel Agent client is looking for an Assistant Travel Manager on a permanent basis, for their Swindon Branch.
The purpose of the role will be to maximise branch sales and profitability by assisting in the leading and development of the branch team, delivering exceptional customer service and efficiency and effectively implementing policies and procedures. You will actively support the Branch Manager and effectively manage the team in the Managers absence.
To be considered for the role you must have Travel AND some Managerial experience.
- Provide ongoing encouragement to those who reach or surpass their targets and support colleagues who fall short of achieving targets set in order to make the required improvements
- Ensure all colleagues deliver exceptional customer service at all times
- Identify opportunities to enhance the branch performance, including understanding of competitor activity, discount controls, commercial information, marketing activity, promotional initiatives, events and PR opportunities
- Encourage colleagues to enhance their knowledge and personal development by coaching and ensuring colleague participation in training activity available
- Ensure valuable documents and other important data are safely stored
- Keep confidential all sensitive information both within and outside of work
- Support the manager in coaching and development
- Previous travel AND managerial experience
- Team player
- Driven, focused and wants to see the company succeed
- Exceptional customer service experience
- Confident, bubbly and welcoming attitude
Hours; 37.5 hours per week - 5 out of 7 days - Trading Hours : Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm and Sunday 10am - 4pm
Salary; GBP9.82 per hour