Proposition Development Manager
Becoming a Proposition Development Manager with the Smart Data Communications Company (DCC):
Fantastic opportunity to secure an initial 6 months contract as a Proposition Development Manager based in Manchester. The Proposition Development Manager will work in collaboration with the existing Innovation and Business Development Manager and be responsible for early stage identification of new business opportunities.
What you will do:
- Lead on proposition and product development, including production of Business Initiatives concepts
- Create new propositions for specific markets, primarily the EV market, energy distribution and transport networks
- Feed-back market insights to the Strategy and Product Management team to build industry trends
- Engage with external and internal stakeholders on definition and buy-in for new and evolving DCC services
- Convene and lead cross-functional teams to define and gain support for new service initiatives
- Represent DCC externally, especially on DCC's strategy and innovation plans
Your experience will include:
- Hands on proposition development experience with evidence of initiatives delivered from industry concept to product specification and delivery planning, ideally in a regulated environment
- Extensive experience of developing and managing products or propositions through early-life and strong virtual team leadership of cross functional virtual teams
- Excellent stakeholder management experience inc. entrepreneurs, corporations, Government and regulators
- Understanding of electric and low emission vehicles, M2M, IoT, Connected Home, and smart meters
- Understanding of the "Smart Energy" context and knowledge of DCC working environment is desirable
About the Smart Data Communications Company (DCC)
At DCC we've built the data and communications infrastructure that will support the mass roll out of smart electricity and gas meters to homes and small businesses across the country. The world's most ambitious smart meter roll out will see over 53 million smart meters installed across the UK by 2020. Join us and you'll be part of a team that is supporting the country's transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure and sustainable energy supply for the future.
Smart Data Communications Company (DCC) are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
This contract is offering a very competitive day rate. At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do. We also understand what it is like to work as a Contractor and so do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated On-Boarding and Extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal allowing you to submit your timesheets wherever you are. You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country and of course, there are plenty of opportunities available throughout Capita that we're always open to discussing with you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact (see below) for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |