Surveyor - Housing
Would you thrive in a job that is making a real difference to people’s lives in your region?
Here at Grand Union, we are more than just a financially strong Housing Association, we are making an impact on the housing crisis, supporting sustainable communities and providing life-long homes for our customers. We provide additional, critical services to support the most vulnerable but we also build shared ownership and outright sales for those who want to get on the property ladder.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Surveyor to implement the Property Operations Service providing surveying functions for responsive repairs, Empty Homes and Property MoT’s for a defined geographic area. You’ll investigate repair requests, take appropriate action following emergency repairs and report all aspects found during technical inspections. You’ll also assist with empty homes, property MoT’s, quality control and checking of invoices, insurance, damage to property and budget and financial control.
What we’re looking for:
- GCSE or equivalent at level C or above in English and Maths
- Btech HNC Building / Construction / Surveying or equivalent
- Experience of maintaining a large amount of social housing stock working as part of a repairs service
- Experience of working within a customer facing environment
- Good practical knowledge of Building Regulations, codes of practice, EU / British Standards
- Ability to correctly interpret building plans and understand technical specifications
- Flexible approach to hours worked and ability to respond to emergencies if necessary
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 after five years service
- Aviva Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Up to 2 paid professional subscriptions
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Free life assurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Health cash-plan including employee assistance
- Regular bonus points from our GUS Intranet, which lead to vouchers
- Free parking at all our offices
- Discounted cinema tickets
If you are like-minded in wanting to help shape the future of housing through the delivery of quality services to our customers, great at your job and with a ‘can-do’ attitude, we want to hear from you.
You are just one click away from starting your journey with us…
We are committed to implementing our Equality, Diversity and Customer Care Policy and are proactive about safeguarding vulnerable adults and children.