Project and Executive Support Officer
This temporary position, based at Haven Gateway in Colchester.
Would you like to play a key role in supporting the Haven Gateway Partnership team, a public/private sector partnership whose vision is to drive inclusive economic growth, as well as the Transport and Logistical Efficiencies (TALE) project, a targeted business support programme, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)?
Are you able to juggle multiple priorities, effectively manage diaries and offer both administrative and project support to a small but busy team? We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly organised administrator who has excellent people and communication skills as well as significant experience of using IT systems including Microsoft Office, CRM and purchase order systems.
Supporting both the executive team and the project team, the Project and Executive Support Officer plays a key part in enabling the teams to work efficiently and deliver the outputs of the TALE project. You will need to be able to proactively manage your workload, take the initiative and use personal judgement to resolve internal and external issues.
This role is part funded through the 2014-20 European Structural Investments Fund.
While offered as a full time position, we would consider applicants who would prefer to work part time and can offer flexibility in hours and days.
* Responsible for the smooth running of the Haven Gateway Partnership (HGP) offices, including maintaining contact with the landlord, service providers and team members.
* Provide high quality and effective business services to the HGP team, including diary management for the Executive Director, managing electronic and hard copy filing systems in line with ERDF requirements, providing meeting and event support, including minute taking, support with SME claims and applications and updating both the Haven Gateway and project website.
* Responsible for the processing of orders and invoices for the Partnership and the TALE project using internal systems, resolving internal and customer queries and escalating urgent or complex issues.
* Provide high quality, accurate input to the CRM and any other data management system for both the Partnership and the TALE project, manipulating data to create reports and information.
* Develop and maintain business relationships with the tenants of the Knowledge Gateway, the University of Essex and other relevant stakeholders, organising networking events and identifying opportunities for collaboration.
* Manage time effectively and proactively communicate with all external and internal stakeholders, to update progress.
* Responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge of processes, corporate systems and standards, sharing useful knowledge and information to the team.
* Provide high quality event organisation support, including attending workshops, events and exhibitions as required, supporting delegates and the team. Contribute to sourcing and inspecting potential meeting venues, ensuring a geographical spread, for both the Haven Gateway Partnership Board and the TALE project.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
* Educated to NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration (or similar) or equivalent demonstrable experience.
* Significant experience of MS Office suite of programmes and their practical application, as well as the ability to use computerised systems with a high level of speed and accuracy.
* Experience of providing an extensive business and event support service, including diary management, taking minutes and maintaining electronic or hard copy filing systems, processing invoices, raising purchase orders and event organisation.
* Demonstrate effective communication and engagement with teams, project teams, customers and stakeholders to ensure an effective support service, with an ability to tailor communication to meet the needs of the audience.
* Ability to manage time effectively and demonstrate a wide understanding of customer needs and being able to manage their expectations as well as solve simple problems and identify alternative solutions.
* Experience of working with ERDF or European projects is desirable but not essential.
* Ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail to ensure compliance with the Grant Funding Agreement is essential and a clear understanding of the implications to the project of non-compliance.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.