Admissions and Business Manager
Bristol Steiner School is a small independent primary school based in Redland with capacity for up to 120 children from 3-11 years.
Informed by the Steiner Waldorf principles our core purpose is to improve the education and lives of the pupils, encourage the joy of learning and inspire them for life. We nurture pupils through a balanced education of cognitive, practical and emotional development so that they grow as whole children and are fully prepared for the next stage of their education.
Strongly supported by a dedicated teaching staff, passionate parents and committed trustees the school, which is a registered charity, is now looking to build on its recent Ofsted inspection success by growing the school rapidly over the next few years.
Admissions and Business Development Manager is an exciting new position within the school's management team with responsibility for increasing pupil and revenue numbers.
As the first point of contact for prospective parents, this person will need to be a highly credible ambassador for the school with the ability to build excellent relationships across the stakeholder community.
To be successful the post holder will need to develop an in-depth knowledge of the schools' ethos in order to create and implement a marketing strategy and plan, from awareness campaigns through to an engaging and seamless admissions process.
The post holder will contribute to the whole life of the school including supporting and attending events as the school strives to increase recruitment of pupils.
This is a full time and permanent position; flexible working hours and an ability to travel will be essential.
- To create a marketing strategy and plan, agreed with the Head Teacher, with clear objectives, activities and timelines.
- To deliver the objectives of the agreed marketing plan in a timely and cost effective manner. To create relevant marketing messages in line with the vision, values and purpose of the school with a measurable call to action.
- To clearly articulate and communicate the benefits of Steiner educational philosophy and ethos when presenting to and speaking with external stakeholders, parents and pupils.
- To ensure the school’s brand message is strong and consistent across all communication channels. To carry out competitor and customer analysis to ensure that our proposition is, and remains, relevant and appealing to our prospective customer audience.
- To build excellent relationships with current and potential new feeder schools.
- To identify and pursue additional funding opportunities such as grants, donations or gifts. To identify new opportunities or trends that might be a new business direction for the school. Gather and present relevant information for approval and action. To identify and represent the school at networking events in order to build and maintain productive relationships with all potential parents and professionals such as Local Authorities, Social Services, schools and organisations. To facilitate the entire Admissions cycle, from initial enquiry to first day, working closely with each pupil and parent to ensure all steps are conducted in a positive, engaging and timely manner.
- To build and manage a strong prospective pupil pipeline to secure new pupils and revenues.
- Agree with the Head Teacher proposals for fees and payment policies. Manage the Marketing budget ensuring all spend is within budget, properly accounted for and the school gets the best bang for the buck.
- To ensure all necessary and relevant records are kept and shared with the relevant school professionals (all in accordance with regulations such as GDPR and safeguarding policies).
- Produce and present regular management reports in support of admissions activity and so that the Head Teacher can keep the Trustees updated appropriately.
- To uphold the underpinning values and philosophy of the school at all times.
- To share the school’s commitment for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of pupils. To carry out all duties in accordance with the school’s policies and procedures To actively support and promote equality and diversity throughout the school.
- To work co-operatively with other staff within the school.
- To work with pupils as and when required. To maintain exemplary standards of professionalism, honesty and respect at all times, and not abuse the privilege of access to confidential information.To be responsible for the care and development for your working area. To attend meetings and supervision as required. To maintain a ‘duty of candour’ and to be open and honest at all times, ensuring that concerns are raised promptly through the appropriate management routes.
- To undertake training and development as required by the school.
- From time to time, the role holder may be required to work additional hours as shall be reasonably necessary to get the job done.
Staff Management and Supervision
The Admissions and Business Development Manager has no direct staff responsibility, however, may be required to supervise designated staff.
Bristol Steiner school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share responsibility to this commitment.
As such, an enhanced DBS check will be required.
Apply for Admissions and Business Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly