Apprenticeship Training Consultant
My client are currently recruiting for an Apprenticeship Training Consultant to join their business.
My client are a very reputable Training Provider, rated GOOD by OFSTED and well known within the Business Administration, Customer Service and Recruitment Apprenticeship sector. Based in the North West area, the Training Consultant will work from home travelling to and from local businesses to deliver the Apprenticeship training. The standards this consultant will deliver will be Business Administrator, Customer Service and
My client are looking for a Training Consultant to deliver Teaching, Learning and Assessment to a caseload of learners, ensuring full compiance with awarding body standards, funding agency requirements and OFSTED. The Training Consultant will ensure that learners progress well and experience high levels of satisfaction throughout their programme.
Experience delivering these Apprenticeship Standards would be an advantage, however the client is happy to consider applicants with an excellent experience within Recruitment to be trained into the role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribution to curriculum development through design and delivery of appropriate delivery models and schemes of work
- Planning of learning activities as per the model of delivery, ensuring quality and flexibility to meet learner needs.
- Completions are of the required standard and in a timely manner
- Learner/employer issues are pro-actively addressed to aid learner and employer retention.
- Share good practice
- Deliver Functional Skills learning, exam preparation and testing to Level 2 in all 3 subjects
- Contribute to improvement planning and actions relating to Ofsted inspection
- Delivery of schemes of work for apprenticeship frameworks and standards through web-based seminars, printed manuals, group sessions, training videos, and 1:1 assessments
- Keep up to date with changes in education, training and assessment
- Prepare for monthly tracker meetings
- Participate in TC and standardisation meetings
- Ensure RSVP is understood, discussed and shared with learners/employers
- Proactive in progression and retention of learners against measurable KPI's
- Adhere to awarding body, funding body and OFSTED requirements
- Completion of staff zone activities and any development qualification
- Effective employer engagement, to develop good sustainable relations and identify new learners and progressions
- Achievement % and timely completions of learners
- Effective time and diary management
- Manage full framework to completion (FS also included)
- Update e-portoflio to record learner journey and progress
- Remain current with the changes of policies and procedures using the intranet
- Any additional duties commensurate with the level and scope of the role
- Staff Zone (CPD activity)
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of 1 year's experiences in the subject area of vacancy
- Able to work on own initiative and team working to prioritise tasks
- Ability to motivate self and others to achieve targets whilst having a high level of interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Excellent personal and professional presentation
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable and the desire to continually develop skills and knowledge relating to the role
- The ability to carry out standard IT functions i.e. use of Internet, use Microsoft office programmes such as word and Outlook
- Good time management and committed to raising quality